Renters Insurance

rentalsWhat is Renter's Insurance?
Renter's (or Tenant's) Insurance is basically a homeowners insurance policy for those who rent their place of residence. Whether you live in a house, apartment, duplex, mobile home, condo, etc., renter's insurance can protect you and your personal property.  The coverages are very similar to a regular homeowners policy, but without coverage for the structure itself.  

Most renters would be absolutely shocked if they sat down and thought about what it would take to replace their personal property in the event of a total loss.  And renters insurance is so inexpensive that it should easily fit into anyone's budget.  

A basic renters insurance policy will cover the following:

  • Coverage C - Contents (personal property, clothing, furniture, appliances, TV's, etc.)
  • Coverage D - Loss of Use (additional living expenses that you would incur if you couldn't live in the home while it was being repaired after a covered loss)
  • Coverage E - Personal Liability to Others
  • Coverage F - Medical Payments to Others

You can purchase supplemental coverages such as:

  • Replacement Cost
  • Valuable Articles - For things such as jewelry, coin or stamp collections, firearms, furs, etc.
  • Identity Theft

Doesn’t My Landlord’s Insurance Cover Me?

NO! Do not make the mistake of assuming your landlord's insurance will cover you and your personal property. A landlord’s policy covers only the structure of the rental property, not your belongings.

Please call me today at 724-483-8897 for more information.


Homeowners Insurance | Rental Property Insurance